Grassroots Engagement Director, Nevada
Your Responsibilities Include
- As our Grassroots Engagement Director, you will identify, recruit, and engage everyday Nevadans to join with others to take action and to drive policy reforms that open opportunities for all
- You will identify activists in various parts of the state who are currently – or could become – leaders in their local communities, as elected officials or citizen organizers
- You will work to equip these local leaders to advocate for changes that are consistent with principles AFP believes in. You will do this, in part, by connecting them to the training and other resources of AFP
- You will organize events where you and other activists can engage the public through phone calls, social media, walking through neighborhoods to talk with people face-to-face. You’ll also be free to innovate, by creating fun or unique ways to reach people to educate them on public policy issues and initiatives
- You will ensure that AFP stays in regular contact with our activists to keep them motivated, educated, and active
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- You care about people and are able to build relationships quickly with people from all walks of life and understand how to inspire, motivate, and empower them to contribute toward our vision and goals.
- You have knowledge of state and federal public policy landscapes
- You are self-motivated, always looking for the best way to use your time to accomplish objectives
- You are organized, able to keep multiple events and activities on track for yourself and the people you engage to help you
- You work well with a team of people, including AFP staff and activists you engage
- You are ready and willing to canvass neighborhoods and make phone calls for AFP priority initiatives and AFP Action endorsed candidates, as well as motivate and coordinate volunteers to do the same
- You have a valid driver's license
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience in grassroots advocacy and/or community organizing
- Experience in political campaigns
- Experience with graphic design and/or social media advertising or engagement
- Experience in supervising staff and/or volunteers
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.