Legislative Compliance Liaison
Your Responsibilities Include
- Filing lobbying and financial disclosure reports
- Collaborate with legal, regulatory, and operational teams to ensure company-wide compliance with local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations
- Research and analyze legal and regulatory developments that impact the organization’s operations and provide guidance on necessary adjustments to internal policies and practices
- Develop and implement compliance training programs for employees to raise awareness and promote understanding of legal and ethical standards
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to identify compliance gaps and recommend corrective actions as necessary
- Maintain up-to-date records and documentation related to compliance efforts, including reports, policies, and training materials
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding compliance inquiries, issues, and reporting.
- Monitor changes in the legal and regulatory landscape in all 50 states and proactively adapt the company's compliance strategies accordingly.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Strong understanding of lobbying regulations and compliance requirements, and their implications for business operations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills with sharp attention to detail and the ability to think ahead, problem solve, engage proactively, and take initiative
- Ability to think critically and work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience operating a variety of office productivity software and electronic filing and reporting systems
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Knowledgeable and excited about AFP’s mission and vision as part of the Stand Together community
- Experience developing and delivering compliance training programs
- Proficiency in using compliance management software and tools
- Proficiency in using Quorum
- State or federal legislative experience
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.