Grassroots Engagement Director, Iowa
Your Responsibilities Include
- As our Grassroots Engagement Director, you will work to be active in the community to identify individuals who want to make a difference on the issues affecting them
- You will plan and host events to educate activists or to give them an opportunity to make their voice heard on public policy issues and initiatives
- You will make calls and plans to activate new volunteers that turn policy into reality
- You will help elect policy champions who will fight for limited government and free market ideas by leading voter contact efforts in your community
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- You're able to build relationships quickly with people from all walks of life and understand how to inspire and motivate others
- You have knowledge of state and federal public policy landscapes
- You can think of new ways to achieve our goals towards better public policy and develop the detailed plans to get us there
- You are ready and willing to canvass neighborhoods and make phone calls for AFP priority initiatives and endorsed candidates, as well as motivate and coordinate volunteers to do the same
- You have a valid driver’s license
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience in grassroots advocacy and/or community organizing
- Experience in political campaigns
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Commuter assistance plans to offset the cost of commuting into our headquarters (on-site parking or metro).
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.