Grassroots Coordinator, Wisconsin
Your Responsibilities Include
- Support various grassroots organizing activities
- Work alongside and assist AFP activists and volunteers in phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, and neighborhood events related to state-based policy initiatives
- Work with local Engagement Directors to execute state and local educational rallies and other grassroots events, including, but not limited to, phone banking and door-to-door canvassing
- Help to build, maintain, and grow communities of AFP activists in coordination with Engagement Directors
- Work directly with state staff to drive special projects related to AFP priority initiatives
- Help with logistics relating to canvassing literature and materials
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building skills
- 1-3 years of experience in grassroots activism
- A drive to deepen your own knowledge and a focus on life-long learning
- A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts
- An eagerness to connect with teams to further shared interests and advance the state and federal priority initiatives
- Exceptional customer focus skills and ability to anticipate needs
- Strong knowledge of Wisconsin
- Must have a valid driver’s license
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.