Deputy State Director - AFP, Georgia
- Work with the State Director to develop and execute legislative, grassroots advocacy, and political engagement strategies to advance AFP's Vision
- Create and implement strategies for building partnerships with like-minded individuals and groups to advance the goals of the state chapter
- Be entrepreneurial by identifying and solving problems that will help the chapter drive greater outcomes
- Supervise, coach, and lead team members as they shift the public policy narrative in Georgia
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to drive the execution of our initiatives and goals.
You Will Need…
- A deep belief in people-empowering, bottom-up, public policy solutions that limit the coercive nature of government and empower individuals to pursue their American Dream
- Strategic planning experience in policy, lobbying, legislative affairs, political engagement, and grassroots advocacy
- Experience connecting individuals and groups to shared a vision and goals
- To be comfortable and confident public speaker and advocate for liberty
- Experience leading and developing high-performing teams
- A history of success leading short and long-term projects with multiple stakeholders
- A Knowledge of the political, economic, and legislative landscape of Georgia
- The ability to travel 20% of the time and a valid driver’s license
What We Offer...
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate
- A vision-driven and principle focused organization dedicated to improving the lives of others
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed
- A purchasing credit card to use for business expenses
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.